22566VIC Certificate I in Work Education
The Certificate I in Work Education is intended to support post compulsory school age learners with permanent intellectual disabilities to develop the skills to explore work options and access pathways to further specific vocational education and training. It supports learners to improve their employability and work readiness.
The curriculum is used with learners who have varying degrees of intellectual disabilities and whose disabilities inhibit access to education, training and open employment. Learners can have a range of complex intellectual disabilities along a broad spectrum with many coming from specialist schools or integrated in main stream schools, while others re-engage with learning after having been in the care of family or other care providers.
The Certificate I in Work Education is restricted to post compulsory school aged learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability
Permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability must be evidenced. Evidence could include:
- Formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
- Doctors / specialist reports
- Attendance at a Specialist School / SDS
- Integration support at school
- Integration support at school with modified curriculum
Total number of units = 10
- 7 core units
- 3 elective units, consisting of:
- any combination of electives from any group listed below
- 3 electives from units first packaged in Certificate I qualifications in endorsed training packages or accredited curriculum
- Units first packaged in a ‘Course in’ in accredited curriculum.