22567VIC Certificate I in Transition Education
The Certificate I in Transition Education is intended to support learners with permanent intellectual disabilities to develop the skills to find the most appropriate option for them in the community after leaving school. This may include employment, volunteer work or further study. The program has a broad focus on learning to enable the development of independent living skills, community involvement, understanding rights and responsibilities, identifying and accessing support available in a variety of areas and exploring post course options
The Certificate I in Transition Education is restricted to post compulsory school aged learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability
Permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability must be evidenced. Evidence could include:
- Formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
- Doctors / specialist reports
- Attendance at a Specialist School / SDS
- Integration support at school
- Integration support at school with modified curriculum
Starting is easier than you think!
Total number of units = 10
- 6 core units
- 4 elective units, consisting of:
- any combination of electives from any group listed below
- up to 2 units from units first packaged in Certificate I qualifications in endorsed training packages or accredited courses, any endorsed Training Package or accredited courses.
- Units first packaged in a ‘Course in’ in accredited curriculum.
The selection of elective units must reflect the intent and integrity of the qualification