Details, Details, Details!
Skills First Funding
In 2017 the Victorian State Government committed to continue funding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector through the Skills First funding program. This funding enables all eligible Victorians to access subsidised funding to cover some or all of their VET qualification fees.
The gOworkskills.com Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is contracted under the Skills First program and therefore able to offer subsidised quality training to eligible# individuals who, for example:
- are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or New Zealand citizens
- are under 20 years of age
- are 20 years and older and seeking to enrol in a nationally recognised course that is at a higher level than their existing qualification – termed ‘Upskilling’
Under Skills First funding students may:
- Commence a maximum of two courses subsidised through the program in the current calendar year (2 in a year limitation) and at any one time (2 at a time limitation).
- Receive funding for no more than two courses commenced at any given AQF level in their lifetime (2 at level limitation).
Accepting a funded place subsidised by the Skills First program will affect the student’s future training options and the ability to access further government subsidized training under the Skills First program.*